Ways to Make Your Green Beauty Even Greener
As an artisan and green beauty creator of natural products that we can feel good about using on our body, face, hair and in our home I also am always watching out for the environment and encouraging my family at home and employees at work to do the same.
Reminding everyone to shut off lights when they leave a room, shut off the water while brushing teeth, filling the sink while washing up their face instead of running the water, ensuring a full load of laundry and washing on cold water, not wasting food, buying and supporting local, and the list goes on and on of all the little things we can be doing for the environment to reduce our carbon footprint. Here is a link to a great site that has all kinds of ideas on how you too can reduce your carbon footprint at home, work, during travel, etc. https://carbonfund.org/reduce/
One of the questions I often get asked by well meaning and enviro conscious customers of Clean Kiss Organics is how they can reuse the recyclable containers that our products are sold in. For health reasons we are unable to use the containers again, but you sure can! We should all be asking this for every plastic (BPA free), glass and metal container that we so quickly throw in our recycling bins. It is great to ensure they make it to the recycle bin if you can't find another use for them and to help I have compiled a list of ways you can reuse these containers that are not only environmentally conscious but also just a pure fun way to organize your life!
How to Wash Your Used Containers:
Be sure to wash these empty natural product containers well in hot soapy water after you finish your fave product and then wipe them dry with paper towel or a clean tea towel. Then try some of these great ideas you may not have thought of:
Small plastic/glass jars: (as in our natural deodorant containers)
- Travel containers for earrings and small necklaces to keep from losing them or getting all tangled up
- To pack up vitamins for a weekend getaway or to keep in your purse for your lunchtime rather than carrying big vitamin bottles along
- For hair clips, hair elastics, bobby pins, etc. especially if you have daughters like me!
- Transfer some of your favourite Clean Kiss body butter or hair mask into this smaller container to fit easier in your purse or suitcase for travelling
- Throw a couple scoops of protein powder, or hemp, chia or flax seeds to sprinkle on salads in the container for easy take along to work or for travelling
- Throw some raw almonds or mixed nuts or other dry snacks in for healthy snacking on the go.
Aluminum Spray Bottles: (as in our Room & Disinfecting Sprays)
- Fill it up with plain water to use to spritz hair to revive tired curls before the gym
- Fill it with your favourite, green household cleaner to keep a smaller bottle on hand in upstairs bathrooms
- Fill it with water to spritz houseplants that need some TLC
I hope these ideas have helped you to generate some useful ways to reuse and recycle for the sake of the environment, and will encourage you to adopt some new greener habits.
Now that you've read this blog, want to know more about Clean Kiss Organics?
We create 100% Natural and Organic, Canadian artisan handcrafted products that are simple and pure for your body, face, hair and home. Our specialty is anti-aging premium skincare, all natural deodorant, and products for curly hair.
We are 100% Vegan, GMO free, Gluten Free (and free of all unnecessary garbage!) and Leaping Bunny Certified (meaning we never test on animals and neither do our suppliers). We also proudly give a portion of our sales to help homeless women and their children to get back on track with housing, education, and financial support.
Leave a comment
Also in News
Acne is frustrating let's face it. Whether you're a teen that feels like each new day you wake up with a fresh zit ready to explode to the point you want to miss a day of school or an adult who is saying "enough already, puberty is done and my forties weren't supposed to be like this!".
It is now almost spring of the new year and we all know that the two biggest things that occupy most people's minds in January every year are health goals (and how darn tight their jeans are feeling after an abundant holiday season) and new years' goals and resolutions to accomplish something they wish for.
Where are you at with your goals for this year? Take stock.
And know now it’s not too late to make it happen. Here are some tips to reverse engineer your vision for the remainder of the year. Make this your year!